Buck BLT™ / RFP™ Combo Kit – KIT191
The Buck BLT™ / RFP™ Combo Kit is exactly what the product name suggests, a combination of our patent-pending ladder fall protection kit, as well as our patent-pending rooftop fall protection kit. Both kits will ensure safety and proper fall protection within their distinctive applications, but when combined this kit will ensure 100% fall protection while ascending the ladder, while working aloft on a roof, and while descending the ladder back to the ground.
The patent-pending BLT™ is a ladder-mounted lifeline system that allows 100% fall protection for the user while ascending or descending.
Distributors stocking this product are listed below and typically ship within a week. If no distributors are listed, the product will typically ship within 7 to 14 days.
- The BLT™ is especially ideal for substation work. We’ve tested the BLT in numerous scenarios and the BLT™ was able to provide fall protection in most, if not all, scenarios in the sub.
- The Ladder FP Anchor Strap attaches to the top of the ladder securing the lifeline to the ladder.
- Lifeline includes ANSI Z359.15 rated BuckArrester™ system allowing for 100% fall protection on ascent and descent.
- The BuckArrester™ design provides the user with smooth hands-free up and down tracking, allowing the user to always maintain the required 3-points of contact.
- Helpful Hint: To help promote the ease of tracking of the BuckArrester™ when coming down a ladder, simply place your thumb behind the rope and above the BuckArrester™ and slightly push outward toward your chest.
- The ladder lock strap bag easily stays out of the way when the ladder is in use.
- The BLT™ is only intended for use with Type IA (300 lbs. rated) and IAA (375 lbs. rated) fiberglass extension ladder with a V-rung / V-bar installed to create a ladder mounted lifeline system. Approved Ladder Manufacturers include Bauer, Little Giant, Louisville, Werner, and Green Bull.
- The BLT™ must be used with the sternal attachment point of an ANSI Z359.11 compliant full-body harness. We recommend Buckingham’s U601A3Q1.
The patent-pending RFP™ system was developed in conjunction with Duke Energy and allows the user to set a lifeline and re-direct lines from the ground which keep the user 100% fall protected while ascending a ladder, working on a ladder, and descending a ladder.
- Helpful Hint: To help promote the ease of tracking of the BuckArrester™ when coming down a ladder, simply place thumb behind the rope and above the BuckArrester™ and slightly push outward toward your chest.
- When a bucket truck is available, this system can also be anchored to a bucket or boom depending on your work practices.
- Buckingham has been approached by several utilities and contractors to address fall protection for those working on a roof or off a ladder at a customer’s home. The Buckingham Rooftop Fall Protection Kit provides a temporary vertical lifeline for accessing elevated work areas from a portable ladder.