In 1896 Wilmot Stephens founded The Stephens Company in Binghamton, NY. ‘Stephen’s Climber’ was handcrafted in his blacksmith shop and formed the genesis of entire product lines serving linemen and arborists.
In 1913, W.H Buckingham purchased the firm and changed the name Stephens Company to what is now known as Buckingham Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Andy Batty Jr. and a new management team took ownership in 1984. Today he and Jim Pennefeather continue to guide the company.
Together they have:
• Expanded and improved the Company’s original products.
• Introduced new product lines.
• Expanded the Company’s sales and distribution system domestically and internationally.
• Introduced new manufacturing technology and reorganized production.
Buckingham is ISO 9001 certified and is primarily responsible for the design and manufacture of climbing and work positioning equipment, fall protection gear, and accessories specifically designed for the electric, telecommunications, cable and professional arborist markets. Our company follows all applicable standards including OSHA, ANSI, ASTM, CSA and CE requirements.
Senior management at Buckingham continues it’s commitment to quality improvements.
QUALITY PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
Buckingham is committed to satisfying our customers’ need for quality products by:
- Leading our industry in product innovations.
- Providing the fastest delivery.
- Offering the capability to modify products to meet customers’ requests.
- Using only the best materials available & manufacturing the highest quality products.
- Continually searching for better materials and improved methods of production.
Buckingham’s on going success is dependent on its loyal customer base and continued addition of new and satisfied customers. Outstanding customer service is the backbone of a successful company and our customers appreciate the knowledge, experience and flexibility of our staff. In sharp contrast to the national norm, Buckingham’s customer service staff has long tenure at Buckingham. Our service representatives know the products, interface with our shop managers and frequently work directly with manufacturing to satisfy customer requirements.
We guarantee the equipment we manufacture to be free from defects in material and workmanship. We will repair any equipment deemed to be defective which is returned to us by the original purchaser. This express guarantee supersedes all other expressed or implied guarantees, obligations or liabilities.
If you have questions about a product or its intended use, please contact us between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Eastern Time, Monday through Friday at 607-773-2400.